A Guitar Lesson


I have very recently bought a brand new computer-mac book pro. Its a 13-inch and it costed me $1200 including tax after availing the student discount. Although I had that plan of buying new computer for quite sometime, I didn't want to buy any time soon. But situation necessitated me to go ahead and buy it no matter what. Thats because in Spring semester I was taking a programming course (C++) for which I needed the visual studio 2008 to start with. My old Toshiba computer which I bought in 2007 for mere $400 has grown quite old and wasn't supporting the software that I wanted to run.
Basically for first few weeks of the semester, I had to go to the college library to do the assignments which was very inconvenient since I am living off campus. Riding bike alone at night is not a very good idea specially here. I am at least glad I got some reasons to blame about. LOL. I was doing terrible in that class and I was the dumbest guy in the class. I felt really ashamed although there was none who knew me in a personal level. Actually there was one whom I knew since the freshman year, but that guy dropped the class even before taking the midterm.
So considering all those aforementioned problems, I had to consult my roommate who is almost 10 years older than me for an advice. I am explicitly revealing our age difference just to let you guys know the credibility of my advisor. I am not intending any offense. Indeed, his word was so powerful and matured which enabled me to take a firm decision before it was too late. Talking about the late thing, I mean resulting with an F if not dropped on time (if it is necessary)!
"Pe Ay (Bro. Ay), I am really having a tough time with C++. I think I am gonna end up failing with this class. Should I drop the class or buy the computer which supports visual studio 2008?" I fired to my very roommate expectantly for an answer.
"Pema, you know even if you drop the class, you are already losing around $3000 (Tuition that my scholarship paid for it), that means it as same as you had bought a computer. Now you see instead if you go ahead and buy the computer it will cost you $1200 and you will still have that course."
Wow, that made a lot of sense. It really did, I was so totally out of mind! In fact, I was pretty much decided to drop the class. But his word made me reconsider my decision and ended up buying the computer. Thats how I got my new computer. Now it runs two operating systems: its parent/default Mac OS and Windows 7. Latter being required for VS 2008- the sole purpose of buying the computer.
Macbook pro has gotten lots of great features which I am still discovering everyday. Yet one thing that caught my attention is the "garage band". It is mainly a guitar tutorial and has got many useful features to make one guitarist if one is so consistent about it. So my whole write ups above are basically to share that I have begun to take that lesson and so far I have got as far as lesson number 4. I am committed to work for the remaining lessons during this weeklong break before I get bogged down by summer classes. By the way, I have already registered for three courses for summer alone. I am aware of challenges that are ahead of me this summer!
Pray for me, and yeah wish me for my guitar endeavor. I hope to play and sing a song with you guys!
Picture credit to google.
Cheers!

Comments

  1. That seems like an interesting feature. I've read about computer applications or features where you can get basic tutorials about a particular musical instrument, yet I can't imagine learning it all by myself. There has to be someone I can bug about musical concepts I can't grasp. But that's just me, I'm glad you found one that incredibly works right for you. Tell me about it. =) Cherie @ HamRockMusic.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2020 - The Hope!

“The Imitation Game” --The Power of Mathematics

Where are you my Mr. Confidence?!